Wednesday, September 27, 2006

a fall project...just for fun

I bought one of those foam carving pumpkins last year because I saw the coolest thing on 2 Peas. Someone had altered one and I thought I would do the same but then the madness of getting ready for Christmas started and the pumpkin had to wait.

So I go back to 2 Peas to find out how it was done only to find out the pumpkin I first saw was a lift of Lisa Dorsey's pumpkin which is now featured in the October/November 2006 issue of Paper Trends. So keep in mind as you look at this I haven't seen the original. It is a lift of a lift with my own twist.

I used Mod Podge to adhere the new Daisy D's fall papers. Then I stained it with brown paint mixed with Deco Art's staining medium, which works quite well. When all that was dry I sprayed it with a glossy sealer. And finally I hot glued some fall leaves and flowers to the top. I just love how it came out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin