Friday, September 15, 2006

using up the stash

My husband thinks I have a lot of paper and I don't think I have enough. In an effort to try to see things from his point of view I decided to create 50 pages, 30 cards and 5 altered projects from my stash before I could buy anything new. I started on August 28 and so far have made 9 pages, 8 cards and 2 altered projects. But I am weak and I have bought paper.

It all started innocently enough. I went to Second Floor Scrapbook Store to drop off a layout to enter their Summer Contest. But after looking around the store, I bought some cardstock and rubons to make a zoo album for my son. When I left they gave me a $10 off coupon good for the following week only just for entering the contest.

So I went back today because I needed to use the coupon. While I was there I saw a box from KI Memories sitting on the table. So I asked the sales person if she would be willing to open it so I could see what was in there because I would be interested in buying it if it was the new Holiday papers. Well, of course it was the new Holiday papers and because I am weak I hung around the store while she checked the box in and then entered it into the computer.

Now I am getting back on the wagon. No shopping until I use up some more older supplies. Maybe I'll just lower my goals so that they are more attainable, more quickly. I think 20 pages, 20 cards and 5 projects sounds reasonable.

Here is a layout I made before I fell off the wagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin