Tuesday, October 24, 2006

to take a break or not

This is something I have been thinking about for quite awhile. I have been submitting my layouts for over 2 years with no luck. That really is what it all boils down to the right layout with the right photos, with the right colors and the right supplies and so on to fit the article in question. I have always told myself that I can live with that because I am happy with what I have been making.

But lately I haven't been all that happy. I would go to scrap and just sit there thinking too much about what to do instead of just doing it. It really is no fun when you are looking at your paper paralized by the idea of cutting into it to make a layout. For crying out loud woman it is only paper!

The other day I decided no more submitting layouts. I'm not even going to look at the calls again until after the holidays. Who am I kidding, I most likely will still look at the calls but I am not going to create for them. I got 2 layouts done and I love, love, love them! I even cut into my brand spankin new Dasher pp from Basic Grey on the same day I bought it! I feel the fun and joy coming back so I feel that I made the right decision.

Since I have had a little more success with my cards, I am going to continue to create and submit those. Making cards is still fun and if they don't get picked up then I just send them to a friend or family member.

Here are the layouts I made.




2 comments:

  1. Hi, Linda. Just found your blog thru 2peas and been readin' - that altered pumpkin is darling! And I love your colorful layouts. I even looked at your resume and you've gotten aLOT of validation! I mean, I don't submit, but I think your gameplan is a good one. Think of how much more time you will have not going thru all those calls, LOL. Keep creating and do it just to do it. It's very freeing, that's what I do. Take care!

    aimeslee
    aimes2peas
    http://artsyamateur.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Linda,

    I SO understand what you're saying about submitting. I posted over at 2Peas Pub - and mentioned that although I am very happy for those who get TOOTs - that I have become discouraged about my lack of love from the editors!

    We'll get our MOJO back and start again. Maybe we should just be making for ourselves, and then submit those? I don't know - I don't have the "key" - obviously, or I'd have some Pubs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin