Monday, November 6, 2006

soap opreas

From when I was about 9 or 10, I remember watching the ABC daytime lineup. During the summer it was Ryan's Hope, All My Children, One Live to Live, General Hospital and The Edge of Night. I mostly watched General Hospital and the Edge of Night because that was what was on afterschool. I hated it when ABC would preempt Edge of Night for an After School Special. I learned more watching Edge of Night. And I was so bummed when they cancelled The Edge of Night. On General Hospital, I loved Luke and Laura's wedding and them on the run for one reason or another.

When I went off to college, my first roommate got me hooked on Days of Our Lives. Sometimes I would still watch GH but I really got into DOOL. Loved their super couples, Bo and Hope, Roman and Marlena, Patch and Kayla, Jack and Jennifer. But after graduation I stopped watching because I had to get a job!

I started watch GH on and off after I had my kids. The last time I watched it was back when the character of Brenda came back for a little bit. I think that was 2 years ago, more or less. Then I got so frustrated with the way the show was going I just stopped watching it all together.

Then one day I was watching Ellen and I saw the previews for DOOL. And it looked pretty good and all my favorites characters were there. And all the babies they had when I was in college are now grown up. I love how they age so quickly. So I started watching on and off again. I was able to figure out what was going on with the help of the DOOL site. Now I am hooked again. And I can't wait to see how everything is going to resolve itself even though I have a pretty good idea of how it will all turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin