Monday, April 16, 2007

Countdown to Harry Potter

I am really excited about this summer. Finally we will have the last Harry Potter book! I am really excited to see how everything turns out. Normally before a new book comes out I go back and reread the previous ones so I can refresh my memory and to keep myself busy while waiting.

I was planning on starting in May since I have 6 to read. But then I thought I better start now since some of those books are long and I wanted to take my time with them unlike when I first get them and read them right away. My dd still can't believe that I finished Order of the Phoenix on the first day it came out. I still can't believe that I actually fed them that day.

So I started a little over 2 weeks ago and made it throught the first 5 books in about 10 days. Then I took a break. It was at that point I realized that I only read Half Blood Prince only once. Normally I read the books within 2 days of their release and then go back and reread them a couple days later to pick up on things I may have missed. I was too sad to go back and reread it. Yes, I realize it is only a book but the ending was not something I expected and wasn't ready to repeat anytime soon. So after a 2 day break I put on my big girl panties and started reading. So now I am done 3 months before the new book comes out which was not part of the plan to take it slow. I may be a big nerd and read them again in June for some light reading.

Also we are looking forward to movie 5 coming out this summer. Dd and I have a standing date to go and see it. I may bring my younger dd to see it too. I'll have to talk to her about it before I decide since she hasn't read the books yet. I still remember when Chamber of Secrets came out and my younger dd was only 4 at them time. All my neighbors who had older kids kept telling me not to take her because of Aragog and the Basilisk. I wasn't too worrried though because we told her about both creatures and she was fine with it. The dementors were another story.

Also the Scholastic Knight Bus is coming to our area in June. I'm hoping that they will be out of school but if they aren't...we are still going anyway. It's going to be at the library so it is educational. Plus school will be out in a day or two anyway so they won't miss much of anything except cleaning out their desks and lockers. Lots of fun stuff to look forward to!

eta--I just added the countdown banner on top. Now you all know just how nerdy I really am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin