Wednesday, June 20, 2007

summer reading

I love to read. When school is out it is the start of the summer reading season for me. It gives me something to do other than yard work when I am watching my kids play outside.

I get most of my books from the library. I am fortunate enough to live in a community that has a fabulous library system. I put a hold on Lean Mean 13, the new Stephanie Plum book by Janet Evanovich last week and was told that I was #3oo and something on the list. The book came out yesterday and I got the phone call today to come and pick it up. Woo-hoo for me! I can't wait to read it!

But never mind that I have 3 other books waiting for me to read that I have checked out in the past couple weeks and one of them is due on Saturday. Good thing I read fast.

So far this summer I have read:
The Queen of Babble by Meg Cabot
Sex and the City by Candice Bushnell
Everyone Worth Knowing by Lauren Weisberger
London Bridges by James Patterson

The books I have currently checked out:
Mary Mary by James Patterson
The 6th Target by James Patterson
Shopaholic and Baby by Sophia Kinsella
Lean Mean 13 by Janet Evanovich

I am also on the look out for Cross by James Patterson. I love the Alex Cross series and I am a little behind but hey that is what summer is for. And it goes without saying that I am really looking forward to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. One month to go!

If anyone has any recommendations let me know I am always looking for a good book.

1 comment:

  1. oh I loved 6th Target!!!!!

    A good summer read is the trilogy by Robyn Carr...Virgin River, Whispering Rock and Shelter Mountain....all take place in the same little town, with the same people. Easy reads with some romance and suspense!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin