Thursday, October 11, 2007

boo!

I saw a post at 2 peas where some of the peas where altering these cute wooden boo hangings from Micheals. The projects that I had seen looked great and I decided that I needed to get one.

This is a fast project that I did in under 2 hours.


Supplies: Wood sign and ribbon, Micheals. Pattern paper, Heidi Grace. Black paint and glitter Mod Podge, Plaid. Chipboard accents, KI Memories. Stickles, Ranger.

After I took apart the letters I traced them onto pattern paper and cut out. Then I painted each letter black. I adhered the paper to each letter with plain Mod Podge (why hide the glitter under the paper). After that dried I put 3 layers of Glitter Mod Podge on the top letting it dry between each coat. The chipboard accents are self adhesive but had trouble sticking so I adhered them with Mod Podge too. I also put a coat of Mod Podge on the back of each chipboard piece so the sticky exposed edges wouldn't collect dust and other yucky stuff. I then drew 2 lines of Stickles on the letter B so the spiders had something to hang onto. When everything was dry, I reattached the letters and added some ribbon to the top. Here are some close ups of each letter.



Here you can see the Stickles detail a little better.



The glitter Mod Podge makes it look like a starry night.



I know the candy looks a little funny up in the air but the pattern paper says trick or treat, smell my feet. :) So I have a candy corn moon and isn't Halloween really all about the candy anyway.

5 comments:

  1. So Cute!! I have the unpainted ones for this year. I make the family sit around the table and paint! But I'll post the other ones we made today. Since your cute project got me SO in the mood to alter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is adorable! I *should* be working on a Halloween project, before it's too late.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow you are so talented! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun!! My kids would love to try this project - and that patterned paper is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin