Friday, October 26, 2007

creative challenges

I have been surfing around looking for some challenges to get me in the mood to scrap and use up my stash. On my adventure, I found Arty Girlz. This weeks challenge was to use circles, dots or spots, basically something round on a project. Here is what I came up with.



This one is not crooked in person, I was just too lazy to scan it again. Supplies: October Shakerbox kit. Hello acrylic, KI Memories.




This one came together quickly using scraps from my basket. Supplies: Cardstock, Bazzill. Pattern paper, Me and My Big Ideas. Journal spot, Heidi Swapp. Stick, Joann's Essentials.



I did this one for a Bella Challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers. This one will go to a friend that is starting a new job very soon. Supplies: Stamps, Stampin Bella and Savvy Stamps. Pattern paper, KI Memories and Basic Grey. Flowers, Prima. Stickles, Ranger. Black embossing powder and a heat gun.

If there are any challenge blogs that you like to visit, feel free to share. I need an extra push to use up some of my stash.

2peas challenge: I have been planning for the holidays since the beginning of the month, especially since we are having dh's holiday party at our house. I have narrowed my Christmas cards down to 2 designs and I started Christmas shopping.

I've been tagged by Toni.
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself (on your blog, we all want to know them).
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Here it goes:
1. I have worn glasses since I was 7 but since I have gotten contacts I don't like to wear them in public anymore.
2. I hate tomatoes but I really like tomato soup and sauce.
3. I have 2 dogs but I don't like them licking me. I think that it is gross.
4. I watch General Hospital most afternoons with my dd.
5. Winter is my least favorite season.
6. I hate getting up in the morning when it is still dark. That just doesn't seem right.
7. I love to read but I do most of it during the summer. I usually finish a book every 2-3 days.

I am tagging, Alli, Verna, Brenda, Jane, Carrie, Tilda and Barbara

9 comments:

  1. Wow this is a nice mix. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you played along :) I like the one about the tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! I love them.

    www.journalingjunkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like reading these :) And your cards are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda WOW I love all your cards they are fantastic!!

    Thanks for joining in with Arty Girlz Challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Linda Thanks for joining in with the Arty girlz challenge and sharing your work.
    crissi xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute cards! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All you cards look wonderful !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Linda! Cute cards, you did good with the scraps! I used to watch General Hospital way back in the day, before the Quartermains even, when old Dr. Hardy was young and having an affair with Jessie the nurse, LOL. I stopped after Luke and Laura didn't work out, the first time. I wear glasses too, and at my age, I need like 6 pair, all different scripts, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin