Thursday, October 25, 2007

a fall frame

I love fall. My favorite part is watching the leaves change. Where we live now is the first place that has mature trees that will drop enough leaves to make a big pile for jumping. My neighbor took this photo of my girls in her yard. I thought about making another copy of it and scrapping it for both of them but then decided to make this frame instead. A little bit of fall year round.



I cut out their initials from one sheet of paper and then the large flower from another. The flower is mounted on pop dots because it wouldn't lie flat over the leaf stems. Supplies: Pattern paper, 3 Bugs in a Rug. 'Silk' leaves. Frame, Micheal's.

2peas challenge: I do use my surroundings to help jump start some ideas. Mostly it is color combination that catch my eye but I am sure that I am influenced by other things in my surroundings even if I don't realize it.

10 comments:

  1. Great frame, LOVE the colors and the your girls are adorable (that always helps to enhance things ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed. You are already making Christmas cards. WOW!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute frame and perfect pic for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the frame. The colors compliment the picture so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling frame! Love what you did. And your girls are precious!

    Color - that's where it's at for me, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking frame! The colors go so well with the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what cuties! great project :) and easy to adapt for other seasons too! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh and BTW - you've been tagged :) See the questions over at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your frame and your girls are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin