Tuesday, November 27, 2007

a holiday card and blog surfing

I have finally started my Christmas cards only to get half way done and run out of cardstock. I'm getting more today and I hope to finish them tonight. I made this card with some scraps for the auction a couple months back. The sentiment is heat embossed white.



Supplies: Pattern paper, Scenic Route. Stamp, Hero Arts. Snowflake, Making Memories.

I saw this on Toni's blog and thought this would be fun to do. Name your top seven television icons. Here's my list, in no particular order:

1. Luke and Laura. I remember watching their wedding back in the day. They really need to bring her back.

2. Tim Taylor from Home Improvement. My oldest is watching this now on Nick at Night. It is still funny.

3. Billy Cosby. Loved watching that show too, I'm also catching this again on Nick at Night.

4. Rosanne. Another Nick at Night favorite although once Dan died I didn't enjoy the show as much.

5. Lucille Ball. I remember watching I Love Lucy as a kid and laughing my fanny off. Vitameatavegamin still brings a smile.

6. Mike and Carol Brady. Another favorite from when I was a kid. I liked the Brady Bunch better than the Partridge Family.

7. Laura Ingalls. Loved watching Little House on the Prairie, still do.

Found this quiz over at Jane's blog




Your Personality is Somewhat Rare (ISFP)

Your personality type is caring, peaceful, artistic, and calm.
Only about 7% of all people have your personality, including 8% of all women and 6% of all menYou are Introverted, Sensing, Feeling, and Perceiving.

11 comments:

  1. Love your card! The sentiment is perfect. Very nice.

    I remember the Luke and Laura wedding,even though that was not a soap that I watched. Love Tim Taylor and Bill Cosby I was watching while giving birth, lol. Lucille Ball is probably my all time fav! I stopped watching Rosanne after Dan dies also. It was not the same. I also loved Elizabeth Montgomery (Bewitched).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the colors and sentiment. :)

    Your TV icon list took me back in time. I can't recall the last time I even thought about Little House on the Prairie, but my sister and I used to watch it religiously during our summer breaks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about a flash from the past...Luke and Laura! Fun list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this - I want to do this on my blog also. And I too was another Luke and Laura fan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The card is so beautiful. Thank God that digi scrappers will never run out of cardstock :-).

    ReplyDelete
  6. The card is beautiful! I really like the colors, and the sentiment is so sweet.

    Love your list! DH and I watch Home Improvement with Nattie a few nights a week...last night they showed the episode where they have a snake in the house - so funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sister and I used to RUN home from the busstop so we wouldn't miss even one minute of Luke and laura....and i remember having my mom watch so she could make me the same EXACT skirts as Laura had, along with buying her clogs! LOL!!What a dufus I was!

    Your card is real nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card and the embossing is awesome.

    I used to love Luke and Laura too! But, I loved the Partridge family. and I can remember when I went to the trade school we got to watch the Brady bunch in the morning during History. Are instructor was never on time so we could normally watch the whole show before he got organized.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Love the colors.

    What a blast from the past! Great list. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin