Thursday, November 8, 2007

temporary thaw

I told myself that I had to make at least 30 layouts and/or use up 50 sheets of paper before I could go shopping for new supplies. I don't know why I tell myself these things because it never lasts long. I couldn't take it anymore and went to Recollections and got some Making Memories paper and a scallop punch that I haven't been able to find anywhere else. But that wasn't enough so I then ordered Basic Grey's Figgy Pudding and some stamps online when I got home.

However, I did manage to make 11 pages, 4 cards and 1 project (using up 17 sheets of paper) before I caved in. I think that is pretty good. I think my original goals were too high so I am going to go with 10 pages made before I can go shopping again. I think I can manage a smaller goal that is easier to reach.

I made this card for a friend's birthday. I thought this tag was funny and she would get the humor to it.




Supplies: Pattern paper, Scenic Route and SEI. Tag, 7 Gypsies. Flower, Prima. Button, SEI.

5 comments:

  1. Linda, I have to agree with you... Your original goals were definitely too high. I think your new goal is do-able.
    I've got to get my hands on that BG Figgy Pudding also. Can't wait.
    Your card is wonderful and the tag is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card! And I never set those goals because I will never make it! Ha! And the Figgy Pudding is spectacular! I posted a LO on my blog this morning. I bought the 6x6 pad so I could play with all the papers. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on page 20 of my 50 but I've caved and bought the craft robo so I spent big time :) But, I figure I'll save that much in stickers and other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm another one who doesn't set goals like that....because it's impossible for me to stick to the plan! LOL! I have some Figgy Pudding on the way :)

    And I love your card! What a great way to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card Linda! I like the sound of your new goal - I think it's much more achievable than your first . . . sounds like you got some lovely goodies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin