Thursday, December 6, 2007

an apple layout

I just got done helping dh clean our driveway, always a fun job. In the end we got 6 inches of snow and a 2 hour delay this morning. After everyone is at school I am going out Christmas shopping. I tried to do that online yesterday but I prefer going to the store to see what it is that I am buying. The picture just isn't cutting it.

I managed to finish this layout after it had been sitting on my desk for over a week. I had a hard time figuring out what to do about the title. I like how it came out and it is another page off my desk. The photos are from a trip ds's preschool took to the apple orchard.

I outlined the apple punches with a black pen to help them stand out more. And I didn't cut out the letter centers because I was feeling a little lazy. :)

Supplies: Pattern paper, Basic Grey and Chatterbox(red). Ticket, 7 Gypsies. Stamps, Fontworks. Punch, EK Success. Dymo label maker.

2peas challenge: I usually don't set page goals because I start out with good intentions but then forget to keep track of my progress after a month. I will keep track of my progress when I am on a spending freeze. I am running out of room in my area and I really don't want to expand or buy any more storage. My main goal is to use what I have in my stash and only buy a little bit of the new stuff.

9 comments:

  1. What a great layout! So cute - although I know there's no apple picking today. It was 5* when I woke up, and we got a few more inches than you. School is closed today - I looked out the window at 5am and saw only shiny black glass roads! We won't get above freezing today and with the wintry weather coming in at dawn tomorrow - we may be home another day! It's a good thing I really love my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun layout! I like how you left the centers in the letters and that fun apple patterned paper. Enjoy your shopping! I agree - so much easier in person. There are never enough images online to help me really see the details of an item.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute layout Linda. Sure glad we don't have snow yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda I love it! So cute! I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had a successful shopping day! I have shopped a lot online for things like books, but there are other things that you just need to see in person, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun page - the title looks so effective with the centre of the letters like that . . . great photos once again too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your LO is too cute.

    I have one LO on my desk that is waiting to be finished. Something is missing but I can't figure out what. I'll leave it there until I get that ah-ha moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable Layout Linda! I totally know what you mean about shopping on the internet, the only thing I shop for via computer is Hickory Farms for my elderly friends that live far away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your layout! you are so dedicated to your goal, linda. you are a role model to me, even tho i fall far short. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin