Saturday, January 19, 2008

a monochromatic toddler layout

The crop over at the Shakerbox is underway and I have a couple challenges posted. One of them is to create a monochromatic layout, card or other project. Here is my take on it.



This is a photo of my ds at 13 months (yes I realize now he needed a haircut, but then I just couldn't part with the baby curls, so looks like his sisters here) that I have been wanting to scrap for awhile but didn't know what to do with it. His outfit was one of my favorite things to put him in. So I started writing about that which led to how cute he was and then to how I missed those days to now he is getting ready to go off to kindergarten. Funny how that turned out but it has been on my mind lately.

Supplies: Paper, KI Memories and Making Memories. Stickers, Basic Grey. Flower, American Crafts. Heart, Heidi Swapp. pink brad, red ribbon and red pen.

10 comments:

  1. Love the monochromatic design! Looks great with that adorable photo of your DS. :) I like how you used just a quarter of the scalloped circle for the journaling. tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's your little man!! He is such a cutie! Remember how shy he was at that age? It's a great look - I've been thinking about monochromatic, I need to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this layout. I love the brightness and the monochromatic look! Beautiful and boy he is an absolute cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of the monochromatic layout! I really need to try one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the monochormatic and specially love the scallop edges, looks so pretty and gives it a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute LO. Your DS is just so adorable I love his long hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girl, getting caught up on my blog reading. I won't be posting on my own blog til tomorrow (Monday). Just too much bloggin'! LOL Love love your creations, and also the little remo's you've made on the blog -- something's diff, just cannot put my finger on it. Anyway, have a good rest of your crop and the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally love this LO Linda...you definitely rocked the gallery!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin