Thursday, January 10, 2008

a soccer layout and a birthday card

In an effort to use up more of my stash, I am going to try and join some more challenges. So I saw the Basic Grey challenge at 2peas and figured that would be a good one to start with because I have more than my fair share of Basic Grey. The first week was to use either Oh Baby Boy or Girl papers.

For this layout I used up some scraps of Oh Baby Boy and some ribbon that I have had for about 2 years. This is my ds and the photos are how he amused himself during the girls soccer games. Supplies: Paper and letter stickers, Basic Grey. Journal spots, Heidi Swapp. Sticker, Karen Foster. Brads, Imaginesce. Ribbon.


Then I found this scrap of Oh Baby Girl in the folder and decided to make a quick birthday card. Supplies: Paper, Basic Grey. Sticker, Making Memories. Ribbon, Michaels. Corner Rounder.



2peas challenge: Post one of your first layouts. I don't think this is the first one but it is from that time, when I scrapped 8.5 x 11 and did a lot of computer journaling and titles, mostly those CK fonts.

6 comments:

  1. Love the card and cute layouts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layouts and cute card! I have so much BG, too. I thought I was going to use the Oh Baby up like crazy. I have both a boy and a girl, so I have both lines of paper. But, what do ya know... mostly all of it is still sitting on my shelf. :::blush::: LOL

    PS... I removed my other post because of grammar! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects! Love how you used up some stash. :) tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your first-ish layout! Hey, that yellow mat paper is so cheery! We won't mention the stickers, I've been there, I guarantee....lol

    Good for you for rockin the BG with a challenge. Gosh, thanks to DebbiT and all the hosts, 2peas is awash with challenges, huh?

    Great idea to document little brother's adventures that way, and that polkadot swiss ribbon just makes that card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your heartfelt care and concern for me, Linda. I count myself lucky to be getting to know you as a friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin