Thursday, January 17, 2008

Target mailbox and a Valentine

After seeing all the cute ways the peas have embellished these $1 spot mailboxes, I had to get one. It was only $1. And while they are very cute, I actually had a hard time getting the paper around the flag. I'm thinking it was because I had used a Xyron on my pattern paper to adhere it. And then it kept getting stuck as I was trying to line everything up. And when I got it just so I was too annoyed to embellish the ends so this is as far as I got before I called it done. My oldest took it for herself so if I decide to do the ends later (I probably won't) I still can.



Supplies: Paper, Heidi Grace. Tab, Scrapworks. Ribbon, Michaels. Stickers, unknown.

I had some of the pattern paper left over and thought it would be nice to have a matching card; this was before my dd took the mailbox. Here is a little secret. The scrap wasn't big enough to fit the die but I still used it anyway and I'm happy with how it came out.



Supplies: Paper, Heidi Grace. Diecut, Sizzix. Sticker, unknown.

2peas challenge: I'm bad about backing up my photos. But then again I still shoot film so I don't have that many photos on my computer. Almost all of the photos are of my projects. I have memory stick to back those photos up but I haven't done it yet. One day soon I will but I have backed up my music downloads to a different memory stick so I don't lose those files.

12 comments:

  1. I love the little mailbox Great entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mailbox is soooo cute, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your mailbox. dd and i are going to alter ours this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, both projects look great! I might have to run to Target later and pick up a couple of those little mailboxes up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mailbox & card are so cute! Love how the heart worked out on the card. tfs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your little mailbox I'm hoping to find a couple this weekend when I make a columbus run.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOW SUPER CUTE! I've been looking for a mailbox for home decor for V Day. I'll have to check out Target.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! Beautiful projects Linda! I may have to make a trip to Target.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh that is really stinkin' cute!

    I love your blog! Now, off to Target ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's adorable! I made one last year and know what you mean about that darn flag. :-) I ended up using cookie magnets on the ends of the mailbox. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's adorable! I made one last year and know what you mean about that darn flag. :-) I ended up using cookie magnets on the ends of the mailbox. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin