Friday, February 29, 2008

layout: sick again

I am now able to start showing my projects from the February Shakerbox kit, featuring Making Memories, Love Story papers. I really love Making Memories shaped papers, I think they are fun to use.

This layout is about my dd and how she used to get strep a lot and her drs kept suggesting that we have her tonsils removed. But she didn't want surgery and every year (this is going back to when she was in kindergarten) I would count up how many times she was sick and since she never went over the magic number, she didn't have to have them removed.

This is on her birthday a couple years ago. Everything was fine through dinner and presents but at cake time she was done for. As each year has gone by she has gotten strep less and less, with this year she only got it once, thank goodness.




Supplies: everything but the Primas, February Shakerbox kit.

2peas challenge: What one thing is a must have for a new scrapper? That is hard because I can never pick just one thing. Maybe that is why I have too much stuff. I would say plenty of cardstock because you are always going to need that no matter what else you use.

7 comments:

  1. This is such a cute layout! but, i feel so bad for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would agree - cardstock! And patterned paper too!

    I can relate to your daughter's story...I had tonsilitis a lot as I got older and ended up having them removed at 20!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...poor thing! It's so hard to be feeling sick on your birthday! Great LO. Love those MM shaped papers, too. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is such a cute layout and such a sad story

    ReplyDelete
  5. you seriously did a great job with february's kit - I love all of the projects you've done with it! Thanks for the inspiration! Hope your daughter feels better soon.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely page Linda - it reminds me of some photos of Adam that I must scrap too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin