Friday, April 25, 2008

cps #61: thinking of you mom

I took some time last night to start my Mother's Day cards.  For this one I used Card Positioning Systems sketch #61 and some scraps from the basket.


Supplies: paper, Basic Grey and Dream Street. rubon, American Crafts. acrylic accents, JoAnns. ribbon, May Arts. punch, McGill. sticker, ??

2 peas challenge: I met my closest friend a long time ago. I was 12 and she was 13. She had moved to the neighborhood about 6 or so months after I did. Both of us were unhappy about it. I was from Long Island and she was from the Bronx and now we were in the middle of nowhere. Really it was Orange County now famous for the Choppers but to us back then that was the middle of nowhere. We've shared a lot of laughs and some tears. We live about 400 miles apart now but we try to talk once a month. I couldn't have asked for a better friend.

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, love the colors and the design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! :) Sounds like a wonderful friendship you have. So lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mother's Day...I almost forgot! Great card.

    And you've been tagged!

    Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. super take on the cps sketch- like those acrylic circles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That card is very pretty! You just reminded me that I need to make one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. And you are a lucky girl to have such a friendship :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card. It's so soft and elegant. Love your friendship story too... How special!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh this is beautiful! thanks so much for using our kit papers! love it girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin