Monday, April 14, 2008

a good mail day and a miss you card

My sil and her family left this morning. We had a very nice visit. I am glad that the kids had a chance to hang out with their cousins, since they only see each other twice a year, more or less. Then I took ds outside to play for a bit since the sun is shining...finally. We weren't out for too long since the wind is blowing and it is a little cool. But it is supposed to warm up later on this week which is good since I have a lot of yard work that needs to get done.

I got my preorder of Basic Grey, KI Memories, Crate Paper and a couple other things, today in the mail. The box looked like it had been run over by the mail truck a couple of times. The carrier put a sticker on there apologizing for damaging my box. And all I can think of is that my paper better not be bent or they are really going to be sorry. Thankfully it was packed really well and no damage was done. Now I can't wait to start playing with it all. I just need some time.

I made this card from some scraps last week. It is 4 3/4" square.



Supplies: paper, Flair and Imaginisce. paper frills, Doodlebug Designs. metal sentiment, Making Memories. orange brad.

7 comments:

  1. What a cute card! I'd love to be hanging out underneath one of those umbrellas right now. :) Glad your goodies were ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when I get beat-up packages. Gotta wonder where it's been, but really, I'm amazed I get most of my stuff in great condition, lol.

    Cute card, interesting paper combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your paper is OK! That must have been worrisome when you got the box and saw the damage.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun card! I have some of the paper you used for the Paradise design on the front. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay! Don't you love it when you get good mail. I had a few days like that last week - can't wait to see what you did with your new goodies. Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute layout and awesome that your package was not damaged!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin