Friday, April 18, 2008

i hate my computer

My computer has been on it's last leg for quite a while now. It started when I discovered I could no longer burn CD's. Then when I got my new Norton, the automatic updates stopped after a couple of months even though I had it set to do that. And every now and again it would freeze up in the middle of something, most often when I would be at 2 peas trying to post to the blog thread.

Well, I can say that I have now killed it. Some how I have been infected with some type of spyware during one of those screen freeze episodes three days ago. My Norton and adware programs are disabled. We discovered that when my dh tried to debug it with no luck.

I like to check on my computer everyday to see what still works, as if by some hope everything will be alright. I no longer have internet access and I can't get into my photo editing program. The only thing that makes me not want to pull my hair out about that is that most of those photos are of my scrapping and cards. I still shoot film for the majority of our photos so they are safe. I was more worried about losing my music downloads. Thankfully, I was smart enough to back them up onto a memory stick.

So for now I am on dh's computer. It is very nice to be able to use the computer without everything jamming up and having things pop up super quick. A girl could get use to this! I'll try to check in when I can.

8 comments:

  1. Oh I am so sorry for this, hope the compuer fairy brings you a new one very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when I have computer problems - how did we become so dependent on them :) - try spybot. Its a free spyware program and works great. You have to run it a couple times a week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing worse than computer problems. I agree w/ Tina - give spybot a try. It's been helpful to me for picking up things the antivirus software misses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear of your computer problems! It is amazing how much we rely on them and what an inconvenience it is when they're not working...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Computer problems...what a pita!

    Mine has been acting weird for about 2 weeks and is so incredibly slow. I added spyware but every time it runs without fail I get the annoying "we apolgize for the inconvenience..." window.

    I see a MAC in my future :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your computer problems. I hope that you can get it resolved soon.

    A piece of advice I recommend to everyone is to get an external hard drive to store all of your important things, like photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You poor baby, I'm sort of almost there myself, but just beginning. I keep putting off just deciding on what to have in another one and ordering it. Too much work! Ugh, I hope you AND I solve it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how frustrating! Thank goodness you haven't lost any really important photos. Hope you figure out a solution soon. It's amazing how much we depend on computers these days!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin