Thursday, August 28, 2008

kindergarten now and then

Everyone is in school today. Ds is on day 2 of gradual entry so it is another half day. He enjoyed yesterday except for when his juice box leaked all over his book bag. He's not sure how that happened. 

But today is a new day and there is no juice box. He will have to buy his milk and I am so worried that he won't. At their schools, they have money on account and I already put money in there but he has to remember a 3 digit number to punch in at the register. Now I made a card with his number on it and then laminated it so it won't get ruined in his lunch box so I'm hoping he will remember to take that up with him. And I know that his teachers will help him but still.

A friend of ours told me that I need to stop babying him. And I thought he was crazy since he is a 20 something single guy and what does he know. But now I am starting to think he is right especially since I am asking his sister to check on him at lunch. Like she really wants to take the time to do that.

Here is a layout of me in kindergarten that I made for my school album. It is an 8 x 8, 2 page layout. Can you tell that it was 1976 by the photo?

Supplies: paper, Chatterbox and Karen Foster. die cut, Sizzix. black brads and ink.

I don't remember too much about my kindergarten experience other than it was a half day and I wanted to ride the pink bus. I don't even remember the color bus that I did ride but since it wasn't pink I guess there was no reason to remember.

The other journaling blocks are photo copied from my baby book. My mom wrote that I didn't want to go to school the first day and that I was really mad at her and yelled at the bus driver. That sounds about right for me.  And that I would lose my milk money often. That sounds about right too. 

In the end I was having a good time at school and all was well. I'm pretty sure that ds is going to have a good time, I just need to relax and let it happen.

8 comments:

  1. cute post - like the pink bus!
    probably the boys wouldn't have liked that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to document your kindergarten expereince

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Linda, I totally know what your saying...I did the same with my youngest! Its harder on Mom then on them! LOVE the new look on your blog! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute layout of your early years, Linda!

    I hope all is going well with your son, I'm sure he'll be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable layout! I still haven't scrapped any of my photos from my school years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the layout! What a sweet picture. and yes -- I remember all the red, white, and blue from 1976! :-) GREAT idea to incorporate your mom's journaling from your baby book alongside your own. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A pink bus would be so much fun than the yellow banana.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin