Thursday, September 25, 2008

going back...

Well, I have decided to go to my 20th high school reunion. I am looking forward to it, I even got my hair done. Actually I was in desperate need of a hair cut. I was close to looking like a rag-a-muffin. And I can't go back to Club Mid, aka Middletown, looking like a rag-a-muffin.

I am a little bummed that a few people aren't going to the reunion, actually just 2 in particular. Those are the 2 people who were the closest to me back then and because of something stupid and lack of maturity, we are no longer friends. I suppose at that age, immaturity comes with the territory. It also doesn't help that I was pretty sensitive and would on more than one occasion hold a grudge...for a long time, like months. While I am still sensitive, I have learned not to hold a grudge for long...after a few days I am good.

If they were going to be there, I would apologize for my part in the nonsense. I don't expect to be friends with them again. Too much time has past for that but I think I could feel better about everything especially when I look back in my mind on all the crazy fun times we had and not feel just a little sad. But I guess that will now have to wait until the next reunion.

6 comments:

  1. Kudos to you for going to the reunion! I'm not sure if my class has had any or not. Lost touch with everyone after high school - small town and wanted to get out. LOL

    If you really want to communicate with those lost friends, look around on the web. I know a lot of people that have found old friends via Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sarah...you'd be surprised how many people you can find online now through one site or another :) What a great, reflective post, Linda! Awesome job :) And are you going to post a picture of your new haircut for us to see? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, that's good advice from Sarah! Life is too short to live with regrets. That's one thing I've learned lately. Hope you have fun at the reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's never to late to rekindle a friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  5. enjoy the reunion, its always fun to catch up with people and remember the "way we were".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I have seen some of your cards published in "Just cards" and I wondered if you did any custom made cards for others? I am looking to have 55 christmas cards made. If you would be interested, could you pleae email me at white18813@yahoo.com? Thanks! mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin