Monday, September 8, 2008

moose birthday card

All is well here after Hanna. We didn't have flooding and the rain was about 3 inches total. The wind wasn't all that bad either gusting in the 40 mph range. The power went out twice but came right back on. It was gone but Saturday night, so not too bad for a tropical storm.

I finally got a photo of this card I mentioned in my last post. I am getting so much better about using my new papers. This is from the new Ambrosia collection. The colors are just perfect for fall.

Supplies: paper, Basic Grey. stamps, Hanna Stamps and Studio G. punches, Marvy Uchida.

And I want to give a shout out to my lss, Photo Scraps. About 2 weeks ago, I received an email from them letting everyone know that they received the new Basic Grey and Scenic Route among other items and that they were having a sale on the old Basic Grey to make room for the new papers. Well, normally I don't panic and rush out and buy the new releases but they put the Boxer line on sale and I need some more of that paper for a project I am working on for the auction. That was enough to make me rush out.

I pack up all 3 kids and off we go after lunch. The first thing I do is get the paper that I need and then I figure while we are here I might as well look around. So while 2 of my kids went to the playroom, my oldest helped me look for the new papers and found them still in the boxes. So I asked the clerk if I could buy some of the papers. She asked the manager and she said sure just pick out what I want and then they will put it in the system so I can buy it. I don't think she realized who she was talking to (not that I am important but just a little crazy, also this was not the first time I have done this in her store so maybe she did). 

So we go back to the boxes and I give her a pile of Scenic Route to start with and then my dd made 2 more trips to the register with the Basic Grey I wanted. Like a kid in a candy store it was really a moment for me. So since it was going to take her awhile to enter it all we then went to Rita's for ices...yum. And an hour later I had a bag full of some good stuff.

The point to my ramblings about my shopping high is that if you are in the Baltimore area and are looking for a lss, Photo Scraps is worth making the trip to Eldersburg.

7 comments:

  1. I love it when people write positive things about stores they've visited - we hear so much negativity about customer service!

    Another great card - love that paper!!

    Glad you are safe and dry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card! Glad that Hanna didn't hit you too hard.

    Sounds like a great LSS. Enjoy all your new paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - he's so cute Linda! What a lovely colour combination too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Glad to hear that you guys were ok despite the tropical storm. Your LSS seems like a nice place to shop. Great CS always keeps you coming back doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me again - I just wanted to let you know that there's a little something over on my blog for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin