Monday, November 24, 2008

what I have been up to

Actually I'm not sure where the last 2 weeks went. I didn't even realize it had been 2 weeks since I posted until just now.

Emily turned 10 last weekend and we had her birthday party yesterday at the bowling alley. That was a lot of fun, she has a nice group of friends. I'll have to post a photo later since I can't find the computer cable at this moment to upload the photos.

Last week was American Education Week at the schools. Wednesday, I went to Emily's class and discovered that she hadn't been wearing her glasses. Never mind I only realized this after observing them for about 30 minutes and that was after I asked her if she could see the board alright. Then when I got a moment I told her teachers and they had no idea that she needed them but they told me that she sits in the front of the class anyway. Well duh, that is because she can't see without those glasses! She played us all really well but now everyone is on to her.

On Thursday, I spent time at the middle school at Amanda's request. I figured I better go because next year is high school and she may not want me around cramping her style. I sat in on her Algebra 2 class where they were reviewing for a benchmark. Her teacher invited the parents to work on the problems. The topics, factoring and dividing mononomials and polynomials. Sure I remember how to do that....not really. But I managed to get 3 out of 7 right, not too bad. I also sat in on English, Science and French. French was fun, even though I had no idea what was being said, because the class put on a fashion show. The kids walked the 'cat walk' complete with music, just what 13 year old boys want to be doing. I didn't stay for the afternoon classes. Instead I went to kindergarten and enjoyed the controlled chaos for a hour or so.

We went and saw Madagascar 2. Funny movie, I love those crazy penguins. The penguins are going to be getting their own so on Nickelodeon in March, I think. There was an insert inside the Kung Fu Panda DVD. And yes I will be watching. I also took Amanda to see Twilight on Saturday. We liked it well enough but felt let down by all the hype. Amanda more than me probably because she has read the books almost 10 times and since Jasper didn't get much screen time.

I alos want to thank Toni for the Kreativ-Blogger award.

Here are the rules:
1. The winner may put the logo on their blog.
2. Put a link to the person who sent you the award.
3. Nominate 5 blogs.
4. Provide links to their blogs.
5. Leave a message for your nominees.


I nominate some really creative ladies I know over at Chatty Scrappers:

Tilda
Alli
Verna
Alicia
Carla

Hopefully. I'll remember to post some of the projects I have been working on tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Wow you sure have been busy! Can´t wait to check out your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sneaky about Emily & the glasses. Hopefully she'll start wearing them now. Sounds like you had fun sitting in on their classes. :)

    Congrats on the Kreativ Blogger! Well deserved. I love coming over here and seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to add....
    I tagged you on my blog HERE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, so sweet, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the blog award! Very well deserved. I love the things you share on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to let you know that I have you tagged on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO FUN, thanks so much for the blog award and for visiting!!

    Hope you and yours have a FABULOUS Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you've had lots of fun these past couple of weeks! I know what you mean about the algebra; it took a while for it to come back for me too :) I hope you and your family had a super Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin