Thursday, December 4, 2008

holiday party invitations

We are hosting dh's holiday party in less than 2 weeks. One of my jobs is to make the invitations. I was going to make them the same as last year...a 5x7 flat invite. But dh wanted me to do something different. So he agreed to let me make them smaller...he likes the invites to be a larger size but I find it easier to work with a 4.25 x 5.5 size.

So after he requested snowflakes and a reindeer this is what I came up with. The cardstock is embossed with my snowflake folder. The reindeer is stamped on white cardstock then layered onto vellum. I attached it to the card with pop dots.



A closer look.



Supplies: stamps, Rubber Soul. embossing folder, Cuttlebug. punches, Marvy Uchida. sheer ribbon, Offray.

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty card the embossing gives it a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love that embossing folder, I must look for that! Great card too. I left you something on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Great color combo, and I love the vellum scalloped circle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful invites! Such an elegant design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful invitation! Love the embossing. I need to buy one of those folders....now I'm thinking this is the one I need!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin