Saturday, February 14, 2009

card: yellow thanks

Where does the time go? I haven't had much time to do a whole lot lately. I am in the process of going back to work as a substitute teacher at my kids' school. I found out I past the background check and now I have to submit my education records on Tuesday. I would have had it done sooner but #2 came down with strep on Thursday and was home on Friday too. I'm hoping that she will be the only one to get it.

I'm so ready for Spring. I made this thank you card before my girl got sick but hadn't gotten around to posting it. That was on Thursday's to do list before I had to rewrite it. I have a hard time with yellow but I am happy with this card. For the bracket labels I cut the yellow paper at 1 1/2 inches and the white one at 2 inches. The smaller one didn't come out as perfect as the white one, good thing for the purple flowers. For the centers of those, I glued on some clear seed beads.



Supplies: paper, Die Cuts With a View. die cuts, Slice Noteworthy card. rubon, Making Memories. flowers, Prima. seed beads.

Happy Valentine's Day!

7 comments:

  1. What a great spring card! I am also ready for spring. Good luck on finishing your substitute teaching requirements. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that card, and I don´t even like yellow! But it looks so springy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, Linda! That paper is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very spring! Love the seed beads on the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I hope your daughter is feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I hope DD is feeling tons better by now. And congrats on heading down the sub teacher route! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey anything looks great with a touch of purple! winkwink

    Sorry to hear that you all have been sick. Congrats on getting the paperwork going on that job. And good luck, hope you get hired.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin