Monday, May 11, 2009

mother's day weekend

This weekend was very fun and busy. On Friday, dh and I went to the Oriole's game. They lost to the Yankee's 4-0. We had great seats though, I took this photo with my phone. After the game we hung out at Mother's in Federal Hill. It was a lot of fun. And when we got home, the girls left us a note saying that they cleaned the house. What a nice early Mother's Day gift!



On Saturday, I ran errands. Not too exciting except maybe for #1. We had to get new pants and shoes for her upcoming concert and I finally broke down and bought her a pair of heels.



I picked them out for her and would have bought them for me if they had them in my size. I think I stunned her when I told her to try them on. Got to keep that girl on her toes.

Mother's Day was very nice. I got to sleep in until almost 9am. And #1 had made scrambled eggs for breakfast. Then the girls went off with dh, he went to visit some of his restaurants and they like to go with him. So that left me home with my boy, where we just hung out.

I received some great cards from the kids. #2 and #3 bought me some flowers from their school's plant sale. I'm hoping that I can plant them tomorrow. The funniest gift came from #1, she made me a coupon book. She used my Sizzix tag dies to make the coupons.



Notice the cover, my coupons are reusable and they never expire. She also told me that she was planning on giving me more coupons for future gifts. How nice I am thinking! Here are some of the coupons.









The rest of the coupons are:
  • one uninterrupted nap --penalty 25¢
  • one weekend of not taking the dogs out in the morning. (we have to do this because they keep escaping our yard)
  • no repetitive speaking of the word "mom"-- penalty 25¢
  • one free "shut up" moment---penalty 25¢ I think this means that they will be quiet for me.
  • and a make my own


So as I am reading these, dh said that she should have put an expiration date. And I'm thinking omg, I never have to do anything around the house ever again especially with a reusable make your own coupon! Plus, she also gave me a way to make a little petty cash on the side and I can do that while sleeping no less! After this was explained to her she was thinking omg herself. I think she was so grateful about those shoes that she didn't realize what she was doing.

I actually made 50¢ from #2 and #3 for fighting with each other on Sunday after I told them to stop 3 different times. It took me that long to remember the coupon book. So now I am keeping a careful eye on my coupon book in case something should happen to it.

It was a great day and I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day too!

9 comments:

  1. A reusable and non-expiring coupon book with monetary penalties for the kids?! That is the most awesome gift ever! LOL. Sounds like you had a great mother's day weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is even funnier than when you were telling me about it. How come I never got a coupon book? I think I bought you heels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!! Sounds like the perfect Mother's Day gift! The gift that keeps on giving :) Enjoy all that free time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol lol The coupon book is priceless! Love the "no repetitive speaking of the word mom". Too cute! Happy belated Mom's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the shoes! The coupon book is too cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I'm really diggin' that coupon book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, love your blog. The shoes are adorable, and the coupon book, well what can I say except I WANT ONE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL about the 50 cents! Those coupons look very useful. Glad you had a good Mother's day and weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Linda, Went to your blog today and had to laugh about the mothers day coupon book! So nice that you have your built in babysitter - that's one thing about having a girl first! The boys just don't come with that maternal instinct at least mine didn't! Hope all is well with you guys - take care, Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin