Wednesday, July 15, 2009

my cute stamps projects

I wanted to post a a few My Cute Stamps cards before we went camping, especially since I have taken an unintentional summer break.

The first two cards use the Little Forest Friends set. On this first one, I embossed the blue cardstock and then lightly sanded the swirls.



Supplies: cardstock. stamps, My Cute Stamps. embossing folder, Cuttlebug. punch, Martha Stewart. ribbon

This card uses some of the smaller stamps from the set. Since they were so small I was alble to mount all 3 stamps onto the same acrylic block.



Supplies: paper, My little Shoebox. stamps, My Cute Stamps. punch, Martha Stewart and Marvy Uchida. daisy trim

When I first saw this stamp from the Sweet Kawaii set, I wanted to use a cutie pie sentiment. I found the word cutie on the Animal Crackers Slice card. I cut that at 2 1/2". I used the alphabet from the same card, cut at 2".



Supplies: paper, Basic Grey. stamps, My Cute Stamps. die cuts, Slice Animal Crackers card. punches, Fiskars and Marvy Uchida

I can't believe summer is half over. I have been keeping busy, enjoying my time off with the kids. So far we have taken 2 day trips and I have a couple more planned for when we come back from camping. And our house has been resided and has new windows. I love how it turned out. I'll post photos after we get the new door.

I also took a mini vacation to New York with my aunt. We went to visit 2 of my cousins. The younger one had a launch party for his new CD. If you are into alternative, instrumental music (although the local paper has him classified as minimalist) check him out: Alexander Turnquist. We had a great time.

Now I am getting ready for camping. We are heading to Pennsylvania, in a rented RV because I am too much of a princess to stay in a tent. Should be fun especially since this will be our kids first time camping.

6 comments:

  1. Great cards. Love the embossing.

    You're right. It's hard to believe summer is going by so fast.

    Have a great camping trip and I'm with you on RV vs. tent camping :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty cards! I love the embossing on the first one. :)

    Have fun camping! Another "princess" here - I'd need an RV too. Not so much a tent person these days. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you. Wow, you really have been a blog slacker, took me like 3 minutes to get caught up. Oh happy day there is a god. Been waiting to say that for years seems like. LOLOLOL You were just always too efficient at blogging. Well, I just wanted to visit and say I miss ya. And I'm going crazy cuz of u-know-who. I read it could be this way til like 2016. What??? That's science fiction future time! My life was not supposed to turn out this way! Blech. Come see me when you get back, princess. hope you have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Linda, lovin the cards! I love distressing with sanding! We have a camping trip coming up next weekend. I'm looking forward to heading out with a big group of friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the stamping on the lined paper - great idea!

    Glad you are enjoying your summer - the time is flying by, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin