Sunday, August 30, 2009

intentions for 2009 update

I stumbled upon this post from back in January about my intentions for 2009. So far I have been doing ok with what I wanted to accomplish this year. I am still keeping my lists even if everything on it doesn't get done on that day.

One of the projects I had mentioned was keeping track of the kids school papers. I have gone through the 2 younger kids because it was easier especially since the youngest has only had 2 years of school. I have separated all of the papers by grade and have them in a manila envelope. I know it is nothing fancy but it is organized and I know where everything is for when I figure out what else to do with all of that stuff. When the kids are in school, I am going to go through my oldest's papers and file them away too.

Meal planning was high on my list of things to get organized and under control. I have also made some progress on that too. I made up a chart, like a blank calendar and I print that out for the month. Ideally, I would like to have each week planned out a few days before it starts and before I go food shopping. But right now I am getting the meals planned after I go food shopping. I am hoping to get this together all the way since I am thinking it might save us some money at the grocery store.

I am eating better and I started exercising on a regular basis this summer. I have lost 12 pounds and my dh has lost 10. I have about 20 more to go to reach my goal.

My journal with my list of projects is still growing but there are a couple of them that have gotten done which is another good thing. Maybe by the end of the year I will be able to say I crossed a few more things off the list.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Linda. I was just thinking about my 2009 intentions and what I have accomplished so far this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin