Sunday, September 13, 2009

this, that and the other thing

I wish I knew where the time goes to. This past week was open house night at the school. Amanda is now in high school. While wondering the halls of her school, I had some really odd flashbacks. Hopefully her time in high school will be better than mine and she stays out of trouble.

We also had Emily's first soccer game yesterday, in the rain. Actually it drizzled but it isn't much fun playing in the rain. They played a tough team and lost 2-4, but my girl scored both of those goals. I was so proud of her. The second one was a killer shot, since she shot it in the air over the goalie's head. Nothing but net.

Emily also tried out for percussion in the 5th grade band. This is the only instrument they have tryouts for since it is so popular. I am excited to report that she made the cut and is the proud owner of a snare drum and xylophone. I've let her practice a bit on them both and while it is loud, she can carry a beat so it sounds pretty good.

And Andrew is just hanging in there. He is still trying to get used to the back to school routine. Honestly he would just rather be home with me and play games and watch tv. But I am really mean and make him go to school.

Tomorrow we get our screen door...finally. It has only been a month since the door was installed but the screen didn't fit quite right. I'm just excited it will finally be done.

I also received Scrap and Stamp Arts issue of Just Holidays. I have this card featured in there too. There are a lot of great cards in this magazine, covering all holidays if you would like to check it out.

Also tomorrow my Altered Tin class at My Creative Classroom starts. I'm really excited and I hope all goes well.

Now I will leave you with this card that I made with the Words and Expressions and Basics 2 Slice cards.




Supplies: paper, Basic Grey. punch, Martha Stewart. die cuts, Making Memories. rhinestone and ribbon

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your school year is off to a great start! Hope percussion goes well for your DD. As you probably know, my DD plays percussion and it only gets more fun as they get older! My husband is also a percussionist so we have a house full of toys. :-) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just beginning to really get a taste of how fast time flies! Hope all 3 of your kids have a wonderful school year. :)

    Congrats on the pub - that card is beautiful! I need to check out that issue.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin