Monday, November 30, 2009

adventures in nyc

We went to visit my in-laws for Thanksgiving and on Saturday we left for an overnight stay in the City. While we were waiting for our room to be ready we walked over to Rockerfeller Center. First we popped into St Patrick's Cathedral. Here is a photo of the Nativity Scene. Ds was so cute asking where Jesus was and after I explained it to him another boy around his age came up with his family and asked the same question.



Then we went across the street to see the tree. It wasn't lit up but at least the scaffolding was no longer around it.



We walked around some more, looked at Radio City and then headed back towards the hotel. On our way we stopped at Saks to look at their Christmas windows. The theme was about one very glam snowflake's journey.



The room still wasn't ready so we walked up to FAO Schwarz where I took a lot of photos in their Harry Potter shop....




....and the large Lego displays. That is my boy pretending to be Chewbacca's prisoner.




After we finally got into our room, we walked over to Times Square for dinner at Planet Hollywood. There we no sightings of the Naked Cowboy. But we did get to see the ball lit up.



Then we walked down to Macy's to see there windows and they did not disappoint. They had the Miracle on 34th St ones which were nice. Here is a photo from 34th St, ds wanted a photo of the tree and I caught a part of the Empire State building in it's fall colors.



The theme of the other windows was Letters to Santa. I really enjoyed these. It took me back to when I used to go to the City as a kid. Good stuff and good memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin