Wednesday, March 10, 2010

family canvas

I had mentioned last week or so that I was working on a small canvas. Even though it is a little different from what I pictured in my head, I'm really happy with how it turned out. The background is layered with different colored paints that I would brush on and then wipe off. For me this was the hardest part, getting the background color the way I wanted it. Then I cut everything, but the heart, out with my Slice and adhered it to the canvas with Mod Podge.


Supplies: 5x7 canvas from Michaels. paper, Basic Grey. die cuts, Slice Seasons and Just Chillin' cards. punch, EK Success. acrylic paint

5 comments:

  1. I love this idea and how it turned out! I think I might try something like this soon.

    I love how the distressed background really makes the foreground shapes pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that was a nice idea to work on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really great, Linda! Love the color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Look at that mixed media girl emerging!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin