Tuesday, March 2, 2010

quilt planning

After talking with Emily, I have figured out the design of her quilt. Many years ago I made a baby quilt. It was her play mat for floor time. It is a type of shadow quilt. It was one of the first quilts I made but it has been loved. She still keeps it on her bed.


So I am finally getting my act together and making her twin size quilt. And I suppose it is about time since I made Amanda hers back in 1999. Anyway, Emily likes the squares and the pattern of the baby quilt. And the colors she asked for are blue, green, black, yellow and red. With that in mind, I decided to create another shadow quilt using the rainbow.

I spent my time during One Life to Live yesterday drawing it out onto graph paper. I even broke out my colored pencils. Once I started doing the math I realized I had too many columns, so I tried to color the border over the dots but it didn't work so well. We'll just ignore that for now. I'm thinking about doing the border in gray but Emily wants black, so I will probably go with that. Now that I have her seal of approval, I need to find just the right fabric.

1 comment:

  1. that first one is beautiful! I am in awe of your talent and can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin