Monday, March 15, 2010

quilt top


I finished Emily's quilt top on Thursday. It is a little bigger than I thought it was going to be. Apparently I didn't realize how big 72 inches really is, so it fits on a full bed rather than a twin. I seem to recall doing the same thing with Amanda's too. Oh well at some point Emily will get a full size bed and it will look great.

I need to find a fabric for the border and the backing. Yes, I am putting a border on it, even though Dave thinks it isn't necessary. It doesn't look quite right without one. But I'll see what Emily wants too...maybe. For now, I will just look at it and admire it.

5 comments:

  1. I love how this quilt turned out! Awesome job on the color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that came out gorgeous! congrats to you, I'd love to learn how to do quilts one day. Guess I'll add it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks gorgeous! I'm impressed. I tried quilting once...didn't get very far. Maybe someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those bright colors!!! Awesome job on this quilt...Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're a quilter??? Why didn't I know that? How cool! Another fabric lover!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin