Wednesday, April 21, 2010

celebrate card

I decided to try making flowers out of ribbon the other day. Although I do have some sewing skills, this was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Every time I got the flower gathered and then sewed it together, I would somehow cut the dumb thing apart when I would trim my threads. I finally got one just right.  I haven't given up on making more because I like how they look and I'm too stubborn to admit defeat by a piece of ribbon. Wish me luck for next time. :)


Supplies: paper, Basic Grey. sticker, Making Memories. ribbon, thread and brad.

5 comments:

  1. Good for you on not giving up, I think the flower turned out great.

    I think this card is really cute and love the journaling spot from your previous post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, the flower looks great - not supposed to look perfect. Yah, I'll remember that when I make one, hehe. Love the Dave and Linda photos and that ocean view! Too dang funny about your baseball arss, sounds exactly like something that would happen to moi, too. I'm convinced that some of this stuff happens to give us good memories and stories. ;-)) Good luck with your classes, Teach. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. what great card, the flower is perfect. I might have to attempt this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. I like the colors you chose for this card, they're very spring-like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I love the look of that flower. And I understand that frustration & stubbornness. :D Best of luck on the next one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin