Monday, June 14, 2010

tissue paper flower tutorial

Here is a step by step tutorial of the tissue paper flower I made on this thank you card.

The supplies you will need to get started:
  • tissue paper 2 1/2 x 18 inches
  • 1 1/2 inch circle punch (the one I used is scalloped)
  • a brad or other fastener
  • paper piercer


Fold the piece of tissue in half three times. Folding the tissue gives it more substance and it won't tear when you use the punch. It should look similar to this piece.


Then punch out your circles.


There will be 8 circles in a stack. Pierce center and attach the brad.


Gentle crinkle each layer of tissue towards the center of the circle. It should look similar to this photo.


Now unfold the layers. Fluff and adjust them to your liking. It should look similar to this flower.

3 comments:

  1. Great tutorial, Linda! Thanks for sharing. I would have never thought to use tissue paper specifically because of the tearing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I love your cards! They look very professional. Keep it up!

    Ria C
    It's My Party
    Handmade with Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is absolutely beautiful. I will be rummaging in the cupboard for tissue paper first thing tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin