Tuesday, July 6, 2010

bumblebee thanks card

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend. We had a nice quiet weekend with family. 

I decided to use a bumble bee as the accent on my card because there was a little one on the floral paper. To make the bee I cut out 3 bees at 2 inches from vellum, yellow and black cardstock. First cut out the yellow bee and cut of the antenna. Cut out the black bee and cut off the antenna. Then glue them to the back of the yellow head. Because the black cut outs didn't fit inside the yellow holes I cut a small piece of black cardstock and glued it behind the openings. Cut out the vellum bee and apply glue to the head and center of the bee adhere on top of the yellow cardstock. Then slightly bend the wings up.


Supplies: paper, Imaginisce. die cuts, Basics 2 design card, Slice. punch, Marvy Uchida. metal sentiment, Making Memories. yellow brad.

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! Love the little wings!

    Hope you had a nice holiday weekend, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so good at getting the cards done! too cute! love the flower on the chatterbox card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin