Monday, August 2, 2010

vacation photos

Last week, we went to Colorado to visit my family. We had a great time and did a little sight seeing. We went to the Morrison (elevation 5,764 ft) to revisit Dinosaur Ridge. The girls had been there before but it was the first time for the rest of us. We had to hike up the hill because the road was now closed. We figured it was because of the erosion that was happening. We saw several rock slides on our walk.


This photo shows fossilized dinosaur footprints. Very cool.


Check out the dinosaur bones. Very cool.


Some erosion and we were wondering about the support braces. Not cool.


And a gorgeous view of the foothills. So since us 'sea level' visitors were feeling really good considering we just walked 2 miles round trip and up a steep hill, we decided to head over to Red Rocks since it was close by.


Let me tell you, I think we (really me) did a little too much too soon. I had no idea that we had to walk up this crazy steep hill to get to the amphitheater.  I had to stop 3 times to catch my breath. My sister tried to make me feel better about being a slow poke but Dave and all the kids made it to the top a good 5 minutes ahead of us.

So we sat at in front of the stage for a while and watched the roadies set up the stage for the 311 concert. Then we got ambitious again and walked to the top of the theatre. Once again I had to stop twice while watching all of the locals do their exercise routine. They were very impressive to see. Here are more views from the top.



Then we went into the visitor's center to check out all the cool memorabilia from the concerts that have been held there over the years. The rest of our vacation was spent with family hanging out by the pool. It was a great vacation.

1 comment:

  1. Ya know, I feel your pain.....I went to many of concerts at Red Rocks and NOTHING prepares you for that steep walk.....That is why they have to have concerts up there , so you can sit and rest for 4 hours before having to do it again! LOL!!! Love Denver....both girls were born there, and its where we met and married. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin