Wednesday, August 4, 2010

what's on your workdesk? wednesday 61

I am really late with this post today. I spent the morning cleaning the upstairs, I even washed all the bathroom rugs. Yay for me! Then this afternoon, I was working on an additional project for my Slice 101 class and forgot about my photo.  So this is what my desk looked like after I finished my project and remembered to take the photos. If you would like to play along or just be nosy ;), pop on over to Julia's blog.


It is pretty messy especially since I dumped 2 jars of Primas on the desk. These are the ones in the milk jars. I had about 10 of them and it was hard to find what I wanted. So one day I dumped them all out, sorted them by color and put them back in the jars. One of my better ideas and I'm not sure why it took me so long to do since I have all my other embellishments organized by color. Let me show you a close up of my drawer that is sitting on my paper trimmer.


This is my metal embellishment drawer. It is even labeled 'metal'. It mostly full of brads but there are also snaps, book plates and a few other metal goodies in there too. It's not too fancy but it works for me.

14 comments:

  1. Oops, Linda! I meant to tell you I jumped in today!:)

    I'll take your suggestion and take a picture of my floor right now. I just finished a set of cards and it is a MESS! lol

    Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your box of metal bits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such well organised metal embellie drawer!
    I got all mine in a small box without the packages. Have to rummage through them all to find something!

    Hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why don't you come and clean up my desk I don't even have room to work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never used metal bits but I have started looking :0)
    *hugs* Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your tidy desk thanks for sharing ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Busy desk Linda, and whatever works for you with the drawer is great. I keep my brads in a plastic bead/jewellery container from the craft shop, it's got lots of little compartments so is really useful for fiddly things. Have a great weekend.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great workspace, lots of interesting things to peek at.

    ReplyDelete
  9. its nice when things are organized, especially in colour, thats a real feast for the eyes.. i'm hoping to get some of my bits coloured sorted when i've some free time.. i've enough jars for the job for sure {gotta love my coffee drinking OH, you can't beat a nice kenco jar for storage lol}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all your draws and bits and bobs, very busy desk! Sorry I'm sooo late getting round, have a great woyww on Saturday

    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great space!! Sorry I am so late posting xx I would love you to pop to my blog for a chance to win my candy :0) It's Here

    ReplyDelete
  12. How can you be late when you managed Wednesday? It's Monday now, so I really am late! Your prima story makes me smile...I only have one jar of mixed and have realised that while they're in it, I won't use 'em. Will you show us what you made after the slice class? Please?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything organized by color sounds like a great idea to me, just as soon as I get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of lovely bits and bobs to make your cards that bit more special!
    Lovely!
    Chrisise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin