Wednesday, August 11, 2010

what's on your workdesk? wednesday 62

It is that time again for me to share what is on my desk. If you would like to share your desk or get some storage/organization ideas for your desk then pop over to Julia's blog.

I have been a mad woman working on the projects for my 2 new classes this fall at My Creative Classroom. I have a week and a half to get it done for registration and I'm at that panic point of 'I don't think I'm going to get it all done in time!' I go through this each new semester and it always gets done but the panic never really goes away.



The project that is on my desk is a banner that I am putting together for the Slice Christmas class. I have everything cut out all I need to do is assemble it and call it done.

Today I thought I would share with you how I store my cardstock and pattern papers. We bought this Lack bookcase at Ikea. I think the finish was birch but after popping over to the site it looks like they don't carry that one anymore.


The main reason I wanted this one was because it is narrow and there are 4 shelves that will fit 12 x 12 paper length and height wise. On the top shelf I keep my notebooks that I jot down my ideas and as a bookend I have a mason jar full of paint brushes. The next shelf is my cardstock.


On the third shelf is my pattern papers. They are stored in the Cropper Hopper folders. There are some paper pads in there too. On the bottom is more pattern paper and some idea books. Sorry for the weird angle.



Thanks to everyone that visits and leaves a comment. I really appreciate it!

15 comments:

  1. Gosh i've not played with my slice in ages, AND i've been making bunting too, never though to use it for some of the elements.. well till now that is!
    happy woyww

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit ... I have n't used my Slice in yonks ... was going to say maybe I should get it out ... but it is out and I still don't use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your shelves, Linda! They are perfect for storing sb'ing stuff. Today I posted a pic of my floor, as you suggested! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic storage, really perfect. I need much better paper storage. Love the colours of the banner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great storage, I could do with some of that for my papers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. perfect file storage for your papers!
    thanks for the idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to have all my papers out on shelves but it got to a stage where I had too many to have out so now mine are stored in the "really useful boxes". They do look nice displayed out on the shelves though - adds a bit of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing the photos of your desk. My own is never fully clean anymore. Always a bit of work in progress lingering.

    Great paper storage. I keep mine similarly but in a set of cubes vs. a bookcase.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love how neat and efficient that storage shelf is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cupboard you have bought :0)
    *hugs* Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Once again I am at a loss, since I have no idea what a Slice is. However, it appears most of the UK paper crafters do know.

    Your paper storage is awesome. Sounds like you put a lot of thought into the piece before you bought it. I have never been to an IKEA, and there isn't one within a 1000 miles of my home. However, I do appreciate their organization and storage solutions.

    I have faith that you will meet your deadline. It always seems like we won't but somehow we squeeze out that extra little bit of time we need.

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's nothing like a deadline to get something done..specially if you know what you're going to be doing..you think it's just a case of doing it, so you push close to the time..or is that just me? I think with all the work you have planned, you don't have enough note books!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Linda, thanks for letting me know what a Slice is. The irony of the whole thing is, my friend and I were shopping yesterday and we saw a Slice box. I didn't even put the two together until I read your comment a few minutes ago. Thanks for taking time to inform (and educate) me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea for storage - now why did I not think of getting one of those?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin