Thursday, September 16, 2010

tutorial: box with card set

So I was looking through my photos last night, trying to find something to share and I couldn't believe the things I found that I never made the time to post.

I made these box sets for the children's teachers a year or so ago. With the holidays coming up, I thought now is a good time to share this with you.


For the bottom of the box, cut a piece of cardstock 8 ½ x 10 inches. Score the paper at the 2 inch mark on all sides of the paper.  Along the short sides, cut on the score line, up until the score line that is perpendicular to it. Fold all score lines.


On the right side of the paper (the side of the paper that will be the outside of the box) apply adhesive to the squares. Fold up sides to form box with the squares adhered behind the short sides.


Hopefully, the bottom of the box will look like this photo.


For the lid, cut a piece of 6 5/8 x 8 1/8 inch cardstock. Score the paper at the 1 inch mark on all sides. If you want to add a decorative edge to your lid, punch or cut that after scoring. Along the short sides, cut on the score up until the score that is perpendicular to it. Fold all score lines. Before applying adhesive check to see how the box looks folded. If you added a decorative edge you may need to trim some of the edges if they are not lined up evenly.


Cut a piece of pattern paper to fit the lid of the box, I cut 5 ¾ x 4 3/8 inches. Adhere to the lid. Punch circles from cardstock and pattern paper. Layer punches and add a monogram or other embellishment of your choice. Adhere to lid.

On the right side of the paper, the paper that will be the outside of the box, apply adhesive to the squares. Fold up sides to form box with the squares adhered behind the short sides.


Now you can fill the box with note cards and envelopes. I made a set of note cards in the same style as my lid. Depending on how bulky the cards are you can fit a set of 6 to 10 cards inside.

Supplies: paper, Making Memories. punches, Marvy Uchida and Fiskars. die cut, Seasons card, Slice.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, what a great idea! I love the extra touch of adding a punched edge along the lid - it really pulls the box together (and looks great!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great. Thanks for sharing it, I might just try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea! That box is very pretty. I like the papers you chose. Thanks for sharing the how-to steps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Thank you so much for the tutorial...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin