Friday, October 8, 2010

the week in review

I've been keeping busy this week. Unfortunately, that means not a whole lot of time for crafty goodness. I worked 2 afternoons up at the school on Wednesday and Thursday. Thursday was interesting because I was starting to lose my voice. I could talk but it was very scratchy and hard to do. But we made it through and when I got home, I had nothing left.

Today, the voice was better and that was a good thing because I went on the 6th grade field trip to Maze Quest. And it was a beautiful day for it too. That place is so much fun. We spent over an hour in the corn maze.

A nice view of the Pennsylvania countryside, where Maze Quest is located.


This is actually a different farm but in the same area.

Now that we are home, I really have no voice. Everything was great until 3pm and now I am reduced to a whisper, sign language and writing notes. If you could only see me gesturing to the kids, it is really comical. Thankfully, they are getting the gist of what I am trying to say but it is hard. One good thing has come out of it though. They are actually getting along tonight.

Soccer tomorrow, but no cheering :( Then I am hoping to make something fun with paper to share next week.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture. We are hoping to get all the kids together to a corn maze or something this fall. I hope you get your voice back and some crafty time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your voice is back by now! Beautiful photo. I'm hoping to check out a corn maze later this week (my first time - crazy, huh?). The 2 farms we went to last week, one had only a little kids' one and the other didn't have one at all this year due to the heat & drought. :( Bummer. So, *fingers crossed* Dylan & I can explore a big one in a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin