Thursday, October 28, 2010

zombie bunny

I was in the mood to sew again and I wanted to make a Halloween project. So I was looking through this book and found the cutest little zombie to make.

Zombie Felties: How to Raise 16 Gruesome Felt Creatures from the Undead



I chose to make the Zombie Bunny and he is so ding dang darn cute. I really couldn't stand it while I was making him. Here is how my bunny turned out. The one thing I did change after this photo was that I stuffed some more of his guts back inside his belly.


Isn't he so cute? The instructions were easy to follow. My project has a 2 skull difficulty level and it wasn't too hard to create. One thing to note is that the zombies are tiny. This bunny is about 2 inches tall so if working with small pieces is not your thing, this may not be the project for you. I did have some difficulty cutting the smaller pattern pieces (the ears, nose and belly) out.

The other thing I want to point out but shouldn't since you probably can't tell is that I placed the shorter ear too far inside the head so it turned out to be shorter than the finished photo in the book. By the time I realized this the glue had started to dry and I wasn't able to adjust the ear. But I don't think it looks too bad.

I have a home for him too. I am hoping to get it finished before Halloween so I can share it, that and so my bunny has a place to rest when he isn't out causing trouble.

1 comment:

  1. super cute and i suddenly have a craving for brains

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin