Thursday, January 13, 2011

new blog banner

In my first post of the New Year, I had mentioned that I was reading Blogging for Bliss by Tara Frey. I was looking for some inspiration to start blogging again since I had neglected my blog over the holidays. While I had a fairly good understanding of blogging, I just needed something to get me back into it. There are 50 or so creative blogs featured in the book which is a lot of eye candy. It also got me back into wanting to blog again.

The book also gave me a lot ideas on what I want to do with my blog. One of the sections was about banners. I have admired several photo banners on the blogs I hop around to and Tara has a tutorial on how to create your own. So after a photo session to play around a bit, I came up with the new banner above. I went with the books and one of my favorite tea mugs since that seems to be where my attention is right now, reading and drinking a lot of tea to finally kick my soda habit in 2011.  I also threw a card in there too, just because I can.

Here is the original photo that I started with, no fancy effects just a smart fix and cropping to 300 x 900 pixels. I started at 750 px but it looked funny to me.



Anyway, I am pretty pleased with how it came out for a first attempt and it is something I will be playing with in the future.

4 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous! I love it and the new look to your blog - very sleek. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it turned out great! Love the way you set up the photograph!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin