Sunday, January 2, 2011

read more in 2011

Kindle 3G Wireless Reading Device, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 3G Works Globally, Graphite, 6" Display with New E Ink Pearl Technology
 

Santa brought me a Kindle this year since I was such a good girl. It is really cool and I was downloading some books last week to get me started. I was updating my Goodreads lists with all the books I want to read and a couple of the books I managed to read last month. I was surprised to see that I only read 14 book for 2010. That number is a little low compared the the past so I figured it was time for a challenge. Well, actually I wanted to join a group to connect with people and chat about books which turned into me joining a challenge.

So, I joined a challenge group where the goal is to read 100 books this year. I think I am out of my mind to go from 14 to 100. Broken down, I'll need to read 8 books a month. Hmmm.....sounds like it will be tough but I am going to give it a go anyway.

Sense and Sensibility (Optimized for Kindle)



I am currently reading Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. I saw the movie with Emma Thompson and Hugh Grant a few years back and enjoyed the story. Now seemed like a good time to read the book.

I still need to figure out the rest of my to read list for January. The group I joined has a list of challenge subjects for the 8 books. Doing the challenge subjects is optional but I think it will keep things interesting for me.

1 comment:

  1. Last year I set a goal to read 27 books and ended up reading 16....but there were lots of unexpected moments and I also had no idea what might be realistic. I wish you all the best with your goal of 100, I don't think I am going to be quite as ambitious! I am going to try to get to 27 this year...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin