Tuesday, January 18, 2011

scenes from a snow day

It snowed here last night followed by a layer of ice which resulted in no school for the kids. This afternoon, I sneaked outside to take some photos of the ice and the birds.


One of the last few leaves still clinging to the memory of warmer days. This is the hill in our backyard the kids go sledding on.



I was about 15 feet away and zoomed in on the feeder. I had to wait a few minutes for the birds to come back since my crunchy walking scared them away.


An icy pine tree. I was ready to go inside when I spotted these deer at the bottom of the hill.


I made it half way down the hill and snapped this photo. I tried to get closer but my crunchy walking scared them away. I didn't realize the deer on the left was there until after I looked at the photos. I really love our backyard.

1 comment:

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin