Thursday, January 20, 2011

shoot and edit: banana muffins editing


Today, I am posting my edit of my SOOC banana muffin photo, which is above. I am using PS Elements 6 for Mac and I don't have Camera Raw for my camera. I tried looking for it through Adobe's website and my camera is not listed. :( But that is ok, we are going to make the best of what we have.


The first thing I did was play around with the lighting: lightening shadows (25%), darkening highlights (15%) and adjusting the contrast (-20%). Then I adjusted the saturation by +13%. Then I went to Color Variations and added red to my mid and highlights and blue to my shadows, both in low intensities. So far so good.

I did read through the advance editing tutorial and downloaded the Coffee Shop Blog's layering action but haven't installed it yet. So I played with the Pioneer Woman's actions, which I have installed.


For my final edit, I added a layer of a light pink color (f8e2e2) and brought the opacity down to 6%. I originally used a light blue at the same opacity but liked the pink much better. Then I used the PW Lovely and Etheral action followed by the PW Define and Sharpen.

To be honest, I don't know if what I did had the effect that we were supposed to be learning this week, but I love my new photo.



If you want to play along visit Ramblings and Photos and Forever and Always Photography. Next week's theme is 'good night.'

11 comments:

  1. Awesome job I love how it turned out!

    Yummy!!!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you've done a really beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the edit! Love the detail! Mmmmm, I want some right now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, it looks so good! And tasty. :D Great job, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the warmth in your edit; I can almost smell them! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The color and detail on the edit are great! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the perspective of the photo and the edit brings out the warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hit post too quickly. I meant to add that your blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great edit...love the warmth in the final edit :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look so good! Great edit:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin