Wednesday, January 19, 2011

shoot and edit: winter

While visiting Sarah's blog this week, I noticed that she is participating in the photography challenge, Shoot and Edit with Jill and Ashley and  I really liked what she did with the first challenge and I thought, "I could use some help learning my Photoshop program too!" So although I am behind, I am posting my week one photo edit before I jump in with week 2.

Some info about my camera, I am using a Sony Cybershot with 8.1 megapixels. It's a point and shoot we have had for 5 or so years. My photo editing is Photoshop Elements 6 and while I was following along with the week 1 tutorial, discovered I do not have Camera Raw.

This my SOOC (straight out of camera) photo of a tree in my yard.


Here is my photo after adjusting the lighting (adjusted the highlights and midtones) and color (made the temperature a little cooler and lowered the saturation slightly).


That is as far as I got. I was playing with the advanced editing part of the tutorial but got confused. So I will work on it some more for week two's challenge.


1 comment:

  1. your camera skills are good! and I love your new blog header...wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin