Tuesday, March 8, 2011

a cherry quilt


I made this quilt for my mom about 10 years ago. It could be more but I'm not sure. I know it is one of my early ones because I used the tie method for quilting, still too chicken to machine quilt it.  I actually made the binding from fabric for this one, so I was becoming more confident in my skills. The pattern is a 9 patch with in a 9 patch. The outer border is also a small 9 patch block. There were a lot of square and rectangles in this one. After all this time, I still love that navy cherry fabric. I wish I still had some of it for something fun.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! :) Wish I had the patience! I tried quilting once and was struggling - never tried it again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin