Monday, March 7, 2011

tutorial: embossing acrylic embellishments

Clear, acrylic embellishments are fun to work with but sometimes you just want to add a little something to dress them up.





Supplies:
  1. clear embellishments, as you can see I am digging deep into my stash for this one. Please tell me someone else has ghost shapes too.
  2. an embossing folder, my personal preference is a small tight pattern so the shape is covered
  3. foam adhesive
  4. an embellishment to hide the adhesive






For this example I embossed 2 flowers with the Swiss Dots folder and then adhered them together with a foam dot. If you really want to keep it simple you can leave the flower as is and it still looks nice.

Here is my flower with a button covering the foam dot. It looks cute this way too.





I didn't add thread to my button because I used a butterfly sticker on my final flower.





The thank you card I used it on is one of the examples in Fun and Fabulous Folds, so I can't show you the entire card. But I hope this will inspire you to pull out your acrylic embellishments and use them differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin