Wednesday, May 18, 2011

basement: cable outlet

Back when the dry wall guys were doing their thing, they accidentally (at least that is what I tell myself) hid the cable tv line in the exercise room behind the wall. Nice, but an easy fix...or so it would seem. I tell our PM (project manager) about it and he makes a note of it.

if you can't read it he wrote on the wall, 'pull cable out'


The painter had a death in the family and did not come for a couple of days. Not a problem, family first. So we thought it would be a great time for our PM to come in and cut a hole in the dry wall and pull it out. In our minds it made sense to take care of this before the wall was painted, in case of a crack and the wall needed more mud. Why mess up the wall after the painting?

That is not how our PM rolls and the note got painted over. The electrician returned on May 12 to start installing our outlets and lights. I left him a sticky note telling him about the cable.

I blacked out our PM's name


In the end, he got the cable out of the wall and hooked up. But now we have the issue that we were trying to avoid in the first place.

there are no words for this nonsense

1 comment:

  1. Oh good gracious. That is ridiculous. The easiest resolution might be to fix it yourselves (absurd it ever got to that point though). I'd check the local hardware store for a cable jack plate that has a larger plate dimension and would cover that mess.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin